Policies & Regulations
1. The Shorewood Yacht Club shall be limited to the mooring of sailboats, except those powerboats used by the management.
2. The following facilities are for the use of club members:
- Launching Ramp
- Sanitation Facilities
- Parking Areas
- Pump-Out Station
- Clubhouse • Summer/Winter Storage
3. Clubhouse Closing Time, May 15 – October 15:
- Sunday through Thursday: 10 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday: Midnight
- Dock Quiet Hours at all times: 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
4. Sailboats, when not in use, MUST have their halyards fouled so that any noise caused by them is kept at a minimum. Members whose halyards bang, shall be warned and then are subject to fines of $25.00 and up.
5. Right of way MUST be given to all workboats and barges used by the dredging company, as well as any commercial craft on the lake.
6. Radios must be kept below decks and at a discreet volume level.
7. Pets will be allowed on members' boats. The owner is responsible to keep the pet quiet and respect the rights of all members; walk pets on the path and pick up any waste. Pets are not permitted in the clubhouse area or left leashed/unleashed on the premises. Do not leave your pet in a vehicle unattended.
8. Members may not put “For Sale” signs on the bulletin board, and may not display them on their boats.
9. Members will need to have current State Registration or U.S. Documentation for any craft in the water moored at the club.
The SYC Membership Council and management have adopted a recommendation pertaining to safety based on a safety committee study conducted. We encourage parents to have young children wear life vests and be adequately supervised when they are on the piers. We also encourage adults who are unable to swim or feel uncomfortable on the piers to also consider wearing a life vest.
This notice is intended for awareness and is in keeping with the dictum that “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
Note: All piers are considered life vest zones.
Designated “member parking only” areas are to be strictly adhered to. Non-members, guests, and visitors are to use the parking areas that have been assigned to them.
Be mindful and courteous of the yellow colored car stops, which are loading and unloading zones. There is a 15-minute time period to park in those zones.
Also be courteous of the two designated parking spots that are assigned to the Commodore and Rear Commodore.
Handicapped parking will be clearly identified. Do not park in this section without the proper tags.
Parking in member areas is by permit only. Cars without a SYC sticker will be towed. Guest parking is east of lighthouse. Members have the responsibility for being certain their guests are parked appropriately in the areas designated “guest parking”.
Absolutely no parking next to the dredging company’s buildings or on their property. Members have the responsibility for being certain their guests have parked appropriately.